Are you looking for a meaningful way to make a living? Join L'Arche Lethbridge as an Assistant!
More than a job, we offer an exceptional and life changing adventure in friendship, self-discovery and faith!
We welcome Assistants and Core Members (men and women with intellectual disabilities) to live, work, and learn together in our three homes in Lethbridge. L'Arche Lethbridge strives to shape a more human and just society where everyone is valued and belongs. We welcome members from diverse faith traditions and practices of spirituality who share this vision.
What is the role of a "Live-in Assistant?"
Teams of Assistants support Core Members by sharing in their daily life. We cook and eat meals together, share in household tasks, get together with friends, participate in community activities, go on vacation together, and celebrate often. As well as taking on variety of homemaking and household management responsibilities, Assistants are also responsible for supporting Core Members in their personal care, goals and growth.
Through friendship with Core Members, Assistants in turn gain valuable life skills and opportunities for personal growth and leadership.
- L'Arche Lethbridge welcomes new Assistants year-round.
- All Assistants receive training through the L'Arche Leadership Development Program.
- Many Assistants choose to stay at L'Arche for one or two years. There are also opportunities to transfer to other communities across Canada or to one of 154 L'Arche communities in 38 countries around the world, or to move into longer term roles in leadership.
- Compensation and benefits are provided. All Assistants and Core Members contribute room and board for the running of the household and in turn are provided a fully furnished bedroom and a household budget for groceries, gas for the house van, and other supplies. After taxes and this contribution, a first year Assistant receives a net income of approximately $1,290.00/month.
- Assistant roles are live-in and full-time. Live-in Assistants take 1.5 days away per week as well as a 3.5-day weekend away per month. Vacation time is available to those who make a commitment beyond a three-month probationary period.
- We hire people from a wide variety of educational backgrounds.
- We are looking for people with an open attitude, ability to work as part of a team, a desire to grow, and who want to make a meaningful difference in the world.
- Personal traits of creativity, flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to organize time and carry responsibility are important for the role of Assistant.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV or résumé with your online application to our L'Arche Canada Recruitment website. Please indicate on your application if you are interested in serving with L'Arche Lethbridge. For more information about L'Arche Lethbridge call 403-328-3735 x3 to speak with Marie, Assistants Coordinator.
Interested in L'Arche but can't make a full time commitment? Check out our other Current Opportunities.